Athlete of the Month for December 2016
We are proud to announce the final Athlete of the Month for 2016. This member decided recently that he wanted to learn how to butterfly pullups. Looking at our Proficiency Tests, he has worked daily to achieve 30 pullups. He asked for some additional help with his kipping pullup, he perfected his kip, and he started to get his chin over the bar. At last count, he was at 16 unbroken pullups and working toward 30 quickly. Along with his pullups, he has shown a lot of progress in his movement and technique. He has dropped the weight in an effort to make sure every rep is as perfect as it can be. He has demonstrated a true understanding of “Forging Fitness for Life.” For that reason, the Athlete of the Month for December 2016 is:
1. Where are you from originally? Bethel Park
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh? Work
3. Where do you work? Pittsburgh Police
4. What is your favorite hobby? Building things out of wood
5. How did you discover CrossFit? Melissa invited me to Murph.
6. When did you start CrossFit? June 2016
7. Why did you start CrossFit? I was sick of doing the same workout at the gym everyday
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Wall balls
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit? Squat Snatch
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at? Kipping Pullups
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics? Working out with a group of people who push you to maximum capacity
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD? The Paul Sciullo memorial workout since I had the pleasure to work with him.
2016 12 01