Athlete of the Month for November 2016
This month’s athlete of the month is another early riser. It is something about those who wake up every morning and show up every day to the early classes that impresses us. This member has been with us for a quite a long time. His son was the first to join. Then he joined. And finally, he drug his daughter over to us. After his son and daughter moved away, he continued to come every morning. He has been seen running 5ks with other members, he always has a smile on his face, and some of the funniest moments are when he bickers with previous Athlete of the Month Jim Crawford.
The Athlete of the Month for November 2016 is:
1. Where are you from originally?
Munhall. Little suburb south of Pittsburgh.
2. If not from Pittsburgh, what brought you to Pittsburgh?
I worked in Dallas Texas for 4 years after college but had to come back
3. Where do you work?
I own a Safety Consulting Firm. We do work for Commercial Insurance Carriers.
4. What is your favorite hobby?
Anything to do with Fitness. Water skiing & biking are my favorites,
5. How did you discover CrossFit?
My son Jacob started at Industrial Athletics in 2012 I think. He encourage me to try it. I was hooked immediately.
6. When did you start CrossFit?
May of 2014.
7. Why did you start CrossFit?
I was looking for that total body workout and really like the range of exercises/pain a week’s worth of workouts will give me.
8. What is your favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Back squats and push press. Sounds like a Thruster!!!
9. What is your least favorite thing to do in CrossFit?
Burpees. I have a hard enough time getting off the floor as it is.
10. What is the number 1 thing you want to get better at?
Overhead squats or flexibility in general.
11. What is your favorite part about coming to CrossFit at Industrial Athletics?
We always say our members but it is really true. Especially at 5:15 am when I really need motivated.
12. What is your favorite CrossFit WOD?
The Industry!! It was the 1st benchmark I did and it doesn’t have Burpees in it.
2016 11 02